This site provides users with the information about subdomain host, how to host subdomain on other server, redirect subdomain, and more.
If you think that this site is helpful, please recommend your friends to visit our site.
There are many reasons that we need to host subdomain on another web server. They include the following:
1. Do not have enough web space on one web server.
2. To use special features on other web server.
3. To solve the bandwidth problem.
4. The web server blocks the some countries IPs and you lose web traffic.
How to host a subdomain is quite simple, but also it is very confused sometimes. Usually there are two ways that you can host your subdomain. The first is set it up at web hosting server and the second is to set it up at the your domain registrar side. It is very important to know the difference between two.
To set up subdomain at the web server side
The above 1 to 3 are the reasons for setting up subdomain at the web server side.
The steps to set up is very simple as follows:
1. Log into your web hosting server (Note: you have already pointed your domain to this server from your registrar).
2. Find dns edit section.
3. Add one A Record with your subdomain (test.domain.com) and your dedicated IP (188.8.131.52). You should note that shared IP may not work.
4. Click save and done.
To set up subdomain at the domain registrar side
This is for the above reason 4.
The steps to set up is as follows:
1. Log into your domain registrar website.
2. Find dns edit section
3. Change the nameservers to your registrar's.
4. In A Record, change the IPs for the entries of your root domain (domain.com) and "*" to the web server you want it to be displayed.
5. In CName, add entries with your subdomains and IPs (dedicated IPs), which are to where your subdomains need to be displayed.
6. Save the changes and done.