This site provides users with the information about computer standby vs hibernation, what is standby, hibernation, how to create shortcut, and more.
If you think that this site is helpful, please recommend your friends to visit our site.
What is standby?
Standby is a state in which your computer consumes less power when it is idle, but remains available for immediate use. You should know that when using Standby mode it is important to remember that you must save your work before using Standby. Standby mode does not save work to the hard drive, that is, a power failure while on Standby can cause you to lose unsaved information. Use standby to save power when you will be away from the computer for a short time while working.
What is hibernation?
Hibernation is a state in which your computer shuts down to save power but first saves everything in memory on your hard disk. When you restart the computer, your desktop is restored exactly as you left it. Use hibernation to save power when you will be away from the computer for an extended time while working.
How to enable hibernation for your computer?
1. On your Desktop, right click and click Properties.
2. Click Screensaver
3. Click the Power and energy button.
4. Click Hibernate and check "Enabled hibernation".
5. click Ok.
Note: For some desktop computer, if you want to set Standby, uncheck the "Enabled hibernation"
How to create shortcut for Standby or hibernation?
1. Right click on an empty area on your desktop.
2. Select New>Shortcut.
3. In the first box of the Create Shortcut Wizard,
type "%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState" (without quotes). Click Next.
type "%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate" (without quotes). Click Next.
4. Name the shortcut "Standby" (without quotes) and click Finish.
5. To add the finishing touch, right click on this new icon, select Properties, click the Change Icon button and select an appropriate icon.