This site provides users with the information about speed up hard disk, how to speed up hard drive, increase hard disk speed, tips, tricks, guide, and more.
If you think that this site is helpful, please recommend your friends to visit our site.
The first thing you need to do to speed up hard disk is using the method of Defragment. If you still want to further speed up your hard drive, the following will be helpful.
In order to increase your hard disk speed, you need to configure a special buffer in the computer's memory for better dealing with interrupts made from the disk. You should note that this tip is only recommended for the computer which has 256MB RAM or higher.
The following are the steps:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type SYSEDIT.EXE in the Run command text box and click Ok.
4. Expand the system.ini file window.
5. Scroll down almost to the end of the file till you find a line called [386enh].
6. Press Enter to create one blank line, and type "Irq14=4096" (Note: Without quotations and CASE SENSITIVE) in that blank line.
7. Save the file by clicking Save on the File menu
8. Close SYSEDIT and reboot your computer.
The better improvement will be seen with IDE drives and also there are reports that this tweak also does good for SCSI disks.