This site provides users with the information about html frame, what is html frame, how to use html frame, html frame tutorial, html frameset element, tips, guide, and more.
If you think that this site is helpful, please recommend your friends to visit our site.
What is HTML frame?
HTML Frames can be used to split a web page so you can load multiple HTML files or pages into one web page. This will cause the web browser to display multiple pages at one time. But, it has several disadvantages of using frames which are listed in the following:
1. Not all browser and webcrawler programs support frames. This is especially important with regard to webcrawlers because search engines may not index your web pages. In order to use html frame, you need to do the following three things:
1) Use the NOFRAMES tag and include a copy of your index body in the NOFRAMES section.
2) Create a site map page with links to all your pages on the site especially including the pages linked to from within framed pages. This will allow search engines to use their web crawlers to see all your pages.
3) Put a link at the top and bottom of the page that allows users that can't see frames to get back to your main index page.
2. Frames are difficult to use and it is also difficult to print the entire web page.
3. It is difficult to maintain the website because there are more HTML documemnts.
More Information about HTML frameset Element
1. The frameset element holds one or more frame elements, each of which can hold a separate document.
2. The frameset element indicates how many columns or rows there will be in the frameset, and how much percentage or pixels of space they will have.
How to use HTML frame?
Put the following code in your index.html page and create two pages. One is "index_left.html" and the other is "index_right.html"
<frame src="index_left.html" noresize="noresize"/>
<frame src="index_right.html" />
<body>Warning: your browser does not support frames!</body>
1. If a frame has visible borders, the user can resize it by dragging the border. To prevent a user from doing this, you can add noresize="noresize" to the <frame> tag. You can have a look at it from the above example.
2. Add the <noframes> tag for browsers that do not support frames. Please look at it from the above example.
3. You cannot use the <body></body> tags together with the <frameset></frameset> tags. But you can use it within <noframes> tag. See example above.