This site provides users with the information about disable balloon tips, what is balloon tips, how to disable balloon tips, guide, and more.
If you think that this site is helpful, please recommend your friends to visit our site.
What is balloon tips?
Balloon Tips is Windows feature to tell you where a new program is hiding and other so-called helpful messages.
Sometimes it asks you to sign up for a Passport account and sometimes it reminds you to download and install the latest Windows Update, never ending. To some people, it is really annoying.
How to disable balloon tips?
Before you disable balloon tips, you should know that you need to check Windows updates yourself later. There are two ways that you can disable Windows XP Balloon Tips as follows.
1. Use Microsoft's PowerToys, a set of essential applications offered free from Microsoft. After it being installed, go to Taskbar and uncheck "Enable Balloon Tips."
2. Modify the registry, but you should know that improper editing registry may damage your system so you need to back up your system first. The following is what you need to do.
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in "regedit"
4. Click Ok
5. Follow the following path to find the Key:
6. Create a new DWORD value, name it EnableBalloonTips, and set it equal to 0. If EnableBalloonTips is already there and equal to 1, set it equal to 0.
7. Close the registry editor
8. Restart your Windows.